We are happy to share our photos and tutorials with anyone interested in spotlighting our crafts. Please be sure to link to our original posts and give us credit for our work. Thank you for your consideration and respect. We hope you enjoy our blog!



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peep Pops

I am not the biggest Peeps fan, but I just couldn’t resist how cute they look when dipped in chocolate!

So here is one for all you Peep lovers.  =)
Photobucket
What You’ll Need:
- Dipping chocolate or chocolate bark (I used milk and white chocolate)
- Peeps
- Lollipop sticks (found at craft stores) or other type of sticks (I used some wooden skewers I had on hand and cut the pointy tip off of them)
- Various sprinkles

The How To:
- First melt your chocolate according to the directions on the package.
Photobucket
- Then dip the end of the stick into the chocolate to help the peep stay on the stick better.
- Let it cool a little bit before sticking your peep on the end of it.
Photobucket
- Next using a spoon put the chocolate all over the peep.
Photobucket
- To help smooth out the chocolate and to make it cover the peep evenly I tapped the stick on the side of my bowl to help the excess drip off the peep.
Photobucket
- When it stopped dripping I then spooned/ shook/ or sprinkled the different sprinkles on the chocolate peep.  (to help avoid a big mess and waisting all your sprinkles, place a bowl/plate/ or other dish under it as you ad sprinkles)
Photobucket
- I placed them upright while they dried/hardened.  I used a paper cup and poked some holes in it with the sticks.  You could also use some styrofoam to stick them in (but I didn’t have that on hand so I opted for a paper cup)
Photobucket
- As soon as they are hardened you can enjoy them!  =)
Photobucket

No comments: